September 2, 2008

It's Tuesday...

1. Clark has been gone hunting the past 6 days, so being the pathetic scaredy cat that i am, Abbie and i stayed at my parent's house. It was a nice Labor day weekend - we had our annual 3rd Sunday dinner (on the 5th Sunday, i know) and it was great to see the fam. We always enjoy our monthly get together to celebrate birthdays and laugh a lot.

2. My youngest sister, Tara, recently returned from Jerusalem from a study abroad. We know she had a wonderful time, but we're thrilled that she's home. she was missed!

3. Abbie has discovered a new way of getting around other than rolling from point A to point B. Yes, she army crawls. I love it... i seriously think it's fabulous. The only issue we're having is our house is quite tiny and she only gets about 3 strides in before she runs into a wall or some piece of furniture. darn!

4. I am adoring the cooler weather. Fall is my favorite! i love wearing jackets and sweatshirts. I'm excited for sleeping with the window open and getting Abbie bundled up for our morning walks.

5. I had a rather unfortunate incident last night - i sort of caught my pinkie toe on one of the doorways in our house and ripped my toenail off - well it was still attached, but barely. Gross i know, i kinda freaked out and chose to just put a band aid on and ignore it. When Clark got home he insisted i pull it off. OUCH! i couldn't get myself to do it, so Clark was brave and amputated. I'm sad to be missing my toenail, but my mom thinks i might get a discount next time i get a pedicure :) sorry for the graphic details.

I know i should stop at 5, but i think this needs to be said. Recently Clark and I were debating about something and we discovered i was right and i sort of yelled out "booya" (coinciding with a fist pump). Clark was extremely embarrassed for me, honestly when was the last time you heard or used the word "booya"? that's what i thought. well, i'm bringing it back. Go ahead ... say it, you know you want to - it feels really good :) i just thought i needed to document this so in a year from now, when "booya" is huge i can rightfully take credit!

3 comments:

ali monson said...

Her cheesy little smile just cracks me up. That last picture is so cute. And yay for the crawling! Time to buy gates for your gazillion stairs!

Stephanie said...

I totally said booya out loud. It's been a heckava day and I needed it. Seeing Abbie's cute-ness made me feel better too. Love you guys! Miss you!

Ashley said...

I don't know if I'm laughing harder right now about the "booya" comment or that adorable cheeser picture! Great post. Sorry about your toe nail :(