2 weeks ago Abbie had her 6 month Dr. appointment - it went super. she weighs 17 lbs and is almost 27 inches long - she's a growing machine. Her pediatrician gave me the "go-ahead" to pretty much feed abs anything so we've been trying lots of food. she has loved everything i give her thus far except WATER! which is a struggle for me because i absolutely love water - whenever i give it to her she gets a grossed out look on her face and spits it out... hopefully she'll "learn" to like it :)
Last week we went to Bear Lake for the Everton Reunion and it was so much fun. I was all bent out of shape about going (clark had to work and couldn't come) because Abbie is such a good sleeper at home and we have a routine so i hate throw her out of whack, but she did GREAT. she didn't even skip a beat and she loved spending time with all the extended family - to be honest i think she's a little bored to be home with just me now. We spent a few days at the lake, which abbie loved loved loved. she even took a nap under an umbrella, which i loved loved loved. she took her first assisted steps in the lake - which was so cute. she picks up her feet way high and steps down on her tippy toes. she's a doll. we also spent an afternoon at a park and abbie had her first swing experience which she also loved - we need to find a good park with swings around home ... anyone know of any? We had a great time at the reunion, but it was super nice to come home and to be with clark again.
Abbie also started saying "mama" this past week - i'm sure she doesn't know what she means, but it's darling. dont' worry another first - she is getting a tooth. It broke through a couple days ago and she has been an angel. i've expected fussiness out of her, but she hasn't struggled nearly as much as i thought - she's a tough little thing.
what else? we got a darling new cousin for abbie a couple of weeks ago - Dustin and Lindsay had a sweet baby girl - Grace Hensley Anderson. We are thrilled for them and are grateful everyone is healthy and doing well - congrats! we can't wait to meet her.
I know there are other things that have happened that i'm forgetting, but oh well - this is way too long. I'll try and be better on my "five for friday" - the past couple of weeks were just busy busy.
I'm wanting to give Abbie her first toe nail paint job :) any suggestions on how to keep those wiggly toes still while i attempt the impossible? i know it's a long shot...
monkey and grandma
baby Grace

3 comments:
Hey long lost sister-in-law! I have to say, the only way I ever get Ali's toes painted- yes, even still- is to do it while she sleeps... it's no fail!
Good to know you two are still alive! I started to worry! Keep us updated! I love the pictures of our sweet baby girl!
I can't believe she is saying "mama"! Sienna just babbles, but no words. Sorry, I have no advice for painting toenails. I have wanted paint her toenails for forever, but I haven't been able to because she always has those little feet in her mouth sucking away and she probably shouldn't be eating toenail polish.
I CANNOT WAIT to see you and Abbie on Saturday!!!!!!!
Post a Comment