June 13, 2008

Five for Friday

My fabulous sister does "Ten for Tuesday" on her blog - she writes 10 things that are going on in their life for the week and i think it's a darling idea. So, in an effort to not completely copy her i'm going to attempt "Five for Friday" (so original i know)

1. Abbie and I spent a few hours in Utah County today - It's Art City Days in Springville and we went to enjoy the fun with My sister Ali and her little guy Spencer. We walked through the little booths (full of random junk), but we did find a steal or two. I bought Abigail a cute new headband and Ali found Spencer a hat. We had to share a scone and sit in the shade to chat. It was fun to watch the locals and let the kids enjoy the outdoors. (Sorry Caldwells that i did not come visit - it was a short trip in which traveling time was based upon Abbie's naps). I would post a photo, but I totally forgot my camera...
2. I recently chopped my hair off! Clark begged me not to, what is it with men and long hair? Despite his efforts I kept my appointment and got my "bob" back - i like it, minus the fact that I actually have to DO my hair now - it's good for me :)
3. I must say I was extremely saddened to hear that Tim Russert passed away today. He was such a great political journalist and I watched a lot of him during the first few months after I had Abbie. What a tragedy for his family and for the news world.
4. I watched Kenny Chesney perform on the Today Show this morning. He keeps winning "entertainer of the year" ... is he really that great of a performer? Based on this morning's performances I'd have to say NO.
5. Grandpa Anderson has a book club for his grandkids and when Abigail and I went to the mailbox this afternoon she had a package from him. The latest addition to her book collection is "B is for Bear" - it's a darling touch and feel alphabet book - she loves it! thanks Grandpa.

Well there's my first attempt at "Five for Friday" we'll see if I can keep it up

4 comments:

The Duncan Family said...

Abbie is getting so big! I haven't seen you guys for awhile. Your hair is really cute. I just chopped mine too, as short as yours. We need to get together sometime. Sienna would love a friend! If you send me your e-mail address, I will add you to our blog. s_bleggi@hotmail.com
Samantha

Anonymous said...

Abbie, you are so cute! It was fun to see you at the family reunion. Cami nice hair cut. It looks great! (don't tell Elisa I said that or she will cut her's too! haha) Love you guys

ali monson said...

Today's Saturday ... still waiting for yesterday's post. :)

DustLinz Anderson Family said...

I agree with Ali....Cam-it's now Sunday...we need an update :-)