September 16, 2011

Abigail

My Abigail is a feisty gal. She's busy, bold, and brave.
She is also a thinker, she's smart, she's tender.

Lately she's been talking a lot about when she "grows down".  She seems to think that she grows up and then she grows "down" (young). 
Tonight as i was putting her to bed she said "Mama, i really want to grow back down." then she began crying. i asked her why she wanted to be little again and she said this: "because i love rice cereal and i want to fit in the jumparoo again, i don't fit in it anymore  (tears) and i want you to hold me like you hold baby sister".
we talked for a bit about the cool things that big girls get to do like ride bikes, pump on the swing, run and play with friends, and how babies can't do those things.  I think i talked her into staying big.
it makes me happy tho.  that she wants to stay little forever. I want her to stay little forever too.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Aww she is so sweet!

DustLinz Anderson Family said...

So tender! love that little girl!

Joey said...

Wouldn't that be nice if we could all do that once in a while. I would really like to go back to a time when all I had to worry about was who I was going to play with the next day or what I was going to wear...

Ashley said...

That is the sweetest thing I've ever heard. So cute.