July 7, 2008

Five for Friday - sorry, Holiday Weekend

1. On Tuesday we ventured to Abbie's first cultural experience (and possibly her last). Ali, Grandma, and I took the kids to the Monet to Picasso Exhibit at the Utah Museum of Fine Arts. I must say it wasn't quite as neat as i had hoped, but that could be partly because Spencer and Abbie made it a super quick visit. Abbie and her cousin loved the echoing sound their voices made in the museum so they "chatted" the entire time. I thought it was darling, but one of the security guards wasn't impressed. She actually asked me to give Abigail a pacifier so she'd be quiet. HELLO! i realize they were probably distracting the other people in the exhibit, but if you don't want children (doing what children do) in the museum then don't allow them! grrrr, i was irritated, but we made it through and the kids actually enjoyed sitting on the grass outside the museum more - probably the worst 15 bucks i ever spent.





2. Abbie and I have started going on a walk every morning before her morning nap... It's the coolest time of the day and she loves to be outside. I'm sure my neighbors think we're weirdos because we're usually both in jammies :)



3. We spent our holiday weekend up at the Caldwell's cabin in Scofield. It was definitely nice to get away, but abbie struggled with sleeping. We had to sleep in the same room and she is used to being in her own room ... needless to say we got very little sleep and i went home a day early so she could get some good rest, which she did. Other than the lack of sleep we had a great time relaxing and enjoying the beautifulness that is Scofield. Abbie got to play with her cousins, which she loves.



4. Abigail went for her first fourwheeler ride at the cabin. Clark and i took her for a short ride and she thought it was great, i'm sure they'll be many many more to come.



5. We celebrated Clark's 26th birthday on July 4th. He's such an old man! I just want him to know that i think he is fabulous. He is the greatest father to our little monkey and a super husband. Abbie and i are so lucky have him in our life. We love you clark and Happy late Birthday :)

5 comments:

Channa said...

Wow! I cannot believe the security guard said that to you - unbelievable! Anyway, you look darling and your little girl is so cute. I'm glad you are doing well and keeping so busy! Happy be-lated birthday to your husband too!

DustLinz Anderson Family said...

That is the CUTEST picture of abbie on the blanket! Happy late birthday Clark!! You are getting old :-)

The Duncan Family said...

Happy Birthday Clark! We hope you had a great day. I love the picture of Abbie and Clark on the couch. She sure is a cutie.

ali monson said...

I love that four-wheeling picture. So cute! And, yes, that museum trip is our last cultural outing with the kids for a VERY long time ... until they're old enough to pay their way. :)

tara said...

What pants do you think you're wearing? If I recall, you gave those to me, and they're my FAVORITE!!!!....Not cool, Cami.