Us girls miss him when he's gone.
Abbie misses her bud. Clark and Abbie really are buds. in fact when I tell Abbie she's my buddy she always responds with "no, i'm daddy's bud"
(apparently she can only have one buddy, and i'm not it)
So, with Clark traveling lots in the past few weeks Abbie has been a bit of a pain during bedtime ... it takes her several mama visits before she'll finally give up and go to bed. Tonight it went a little something like this:
I got her into bed and tucked in.
sang the usual bah bah sheep.
snuggled her for a while. and just as i'm sure she's close to catching some zzz's she opens her eyes and says "mom, i want a ring pop"
SERIOUSLY? where in the world did that come from?
I tell her that if she's a good girl and goes to bed she can earn a ring pop tomorrow.
She seems satisfied with this and I leave the room.
After the 4th visit and threats of losing the ring pop she knocks on her door and when i open it she's standing there with her hands on her hips and says "mom, i don't want a ring pop"
haha.
i just went in her room and peeked on her and she is passed out - all that bargaining probably wore the little child right out.
Needless to say, we're counting down the days til next friday when Clark gets home.

5 comments:
I can't wait!!! Abbie is such a little grown up. We need a baby again. She is going to be a great BIG sister.
That picture of Abbie is SO cute!! She is so funny, and I love her little sassy attitude! Hope to see you guys soon!!!! Love ya!
what a cute picture! and i love that going-to-bed story. spencer loves to attempt negotiation too.
She was such a darling baby. Can't wait to see the next little monkey! LoR
I'm so excited for you guys to have another little princess running around! Miss Abbie is so stinkin' adorable...
Post a Comment