January 6, 2012

Conversations with Abigail

Yesterday morning while I was getting Abbie ready for preschool ...
A: "mom, you look scary this morning"
M: "well that's a little harsh"
A: "well you kind of look like Halloween"
M: speechless

In my defense i have been super sick with a killer head cold, therefore getting little sleep. Still it's not a real self esteem boost to have your child tell you that you look like Halloween.

 yep, that's gum.

5 comments:

Cambria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cambria said...

I love "Conversations with Abigail"

Joey said...

Oh, they can be SO brutally honest at times you just want to...Cry? Or just go back to bed!

Did you try peanut butter to get the gum out? It works well. So does ice. I think I would have told her that she got gum in her hair because she told mommy she looked like Halloween! One can never let a "teaching moment" pass buy unused! I Love you guys!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

Hhhmm, well how does it go? Kids say the darndest things? Well I have seen you in the morning and I think you look lovely! : ) Tonight will be fun!! Night out, here we come!!!

Caldwell Family 6 said...

PS, dito to the peanut butter!